Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff Application - Breidan (Rejected)
Ps. it looks more fancy this way, besides what good are polls if we don't use them?

Edit: Well they don't have to... We have 4 Moderators + 2 admins = 6 votes

So if there are 4 votes for approval it is decided or not? Or 3 votes and no votes against it.. You know..
(01-18-201105:53 PM)Minethes Wrote: [u]Hmmm, I'll make a poll where we can vote.[/u]

[b]Also you can post a comment as of why you have chosen the option you did.[/b]

[color=#32CD32]My opinion is to let him a try. He seems to care for the place and role of a Mod. Tho it is difficult because it is a vote for the last Moderator position.
[/color]
[color=#C71585]Let the vote begin![/color]

I can add some text of why I want to moderate and be a part of this community:

Since this is a computer related forum and I've always been interested in computers I would enjoy staying here either as a member or a staff.
I do also want to improve my computer skills which I believe I will by joining this community.

In the other side, if you are not sure about accepting me I suggest you to:
1. Wait for a new application and compare my application with the new application.
2. Don't accept me. If you are unsure if I fit as a moderator or not I guess there is a chance I won't fulfill all your requests, but I will do my best.
(01-18-201106:02 PM)Breidan Wrote:
(01-18-201105:53 PM)Minethes Wrote: [u]Hmmm, I'll make a poll where we can vote.[/u]

[b]Also you can post a comment as of why you have chosen the option you did.[/b]

[color=#32CD32]My opinion is to let him a try. He seems to care for the place and role of a Mod. Tho it is difficult because it is a vote for the last Moderator position.
[/color]
[color=#C71585]Let the vote begin![/color]

I can add some text of why I want to moderate and be a part of this community:

Since this is a computer related forum and I've always been interested in computers I would enjoy staying here either as a member or a staff.
I do also want to improve my computer skills which I believe I will by joining this community.

In the other side, if you are not sure about accepting me I suggest you to:
1. Wait for a new application and compare my application with the new application.
2. Don't accept me. If you are unsure if I fit as a moderator or not I guess there is a chance I won't fulfill all your requests, but I will do my best.

Nonsense, I actually want to give you a chance, but just want to see if at least 1 moderator agrees to the "chance duration".
(01-18-201105:39 PM)Breidan Wrote:
(01-18-201105:30 PM)Ironside Wrote: Questions & Information:

1. How did you find the site if not on Hackforums?
2. Since you're not on Hackforums I cannot check how much about the skills is truth.
3. Windows is not a section, it's a forum of the section.
4. "I have been using Windows 95, 98, XP, Vista and Windows 7." For some reason that's hard to believe.

1. I have got a friend who is a member of Hackforums, he showed me your topic and I got interested about this forum and thought I should give it a shot.

2. Unfortunately I can't show you any of my projects because of privacy reasons. As you can see I have only got basic knowledge in the listed languages which almost anyone can get in a very short time.

3. I think I missunderstood the question, so let's say I want to moderate in Computer Topics.

4. I am 16 years old, I have been using computers as long as I can remember. Windows 95 was released in 1995 (1 year after I was born), Windows 98 was released in 1998 (4 years after I was born).

We had two computers in our house, one of them were running Windows 95 and the other one was running Windows 98. I did even remember I was using internet on the Windows 98 machine.

1. Who is the friend with the HF account? Please provide a link to his profile

2. I would like to see some evidence of your computer skill/Knowledge

Untill I am happy that you do infact know what you are talking about and can actually fill the role of Moderator, I shall say no.

Also the moderator for "Computer Topics" must know Linux aswell. As computer topics covers it too

All in all: My answer is No. If this is alright with Ironside

*EDIT* - however I feel that a "chance" is deserved - shall we say a week or two as mod and see how he contributes?
GamingManiac has a point, so unless you can answer his question it says N/A.
(01-18-201106:06 PM)GamingManiac Wrote:
(01-18-201105:39 PM)Breidan Wrote:
(01-18-201105:30 PM)Ironside Wrote: Questions & Information:

1. How did you find the site if not on Hackforums?
2. Since you're not on Hackforums I cannot check how much about the skills is truth.
3. Windows is not a section, it's a forum of the section.
4. "I have been using Windows 95, 98, XP, Vista and Windows 7." For some reason that's hard to believe.

1. I have got a friend who is a member of Hackforums, he showed me your topic and I got interested about this forum and thought I should give it a shot.

2. Unfortunately I can't show you any of my projects because of privacy reasons. As you can see I have only got basic knowledge in the listed languages which almost anyone can get in a very short time.

3. I think I missunderstood the question, so let's say I want to moderate in Computer Topics.

4. I am 16 years old, I have been using computers as long as I can remember. Windows 95 was released in 1995 (1 year after I was born), Windows 98 was released in 1998 (4 years after I was born).

We had two computers in our house, one of them were running Windows 95 and the other one was running Windows 98. I did even remember I was using internet on the Windows 98 machine.

1. Who is the friend with the HF account? Please provide a link to his profile

2. I would like to see some evidence of your computer skill/Knowledge

Untill I am happy that you do infact know what you are talking about and can actually fill the role of Moderator, I shall say no.

Also the moderator for "Computer Topics" must know Linux aswell. As computer topics covers it too

All in all: My answer is No. If this is alright with Ironside

*EDIT* - however I feel that a "chance" is deserved - shall we say a week or two as mod and see how he contributes?

1. I prefer being anonymous on the internet, therefore I can not give you the account name of my friends HF account.

2. I don't know how to prove my computer knowledge. I suggest you to ask me some questions.

I have been trying a few Linux distros; Debian, Ubuntu, Backtrack and Archlinux.

I have not good skills in Linux-related topics, and if you say that is required I guess I'm not having enough knowledge for moderating in the "Computer Topics" section.

I will still stay here on Computertech as a member and I'm sure I will learn many new things about computers.

Thank you!
Well, I guess I will have to agree with GamingManiac too...

Until the request is not answered the decision stays as it is...

Hope you don't mind Ironside...

[color=#FFA500][b]Application Pending[/b][/color]

Edit: I am slow again... Dodgy

Quote:I will still stay here on Computertech as a member and I'm sure I will learn many new things about computers.

I appreciate that. Idea Regardless of our decision... have a nice time here on our site.
Also feel free to post again when you learn a more of the Linux OS.

~Closed
Well, Ironside you removed my poll... Dodgy Not the best idea, it's like removing the evidence... Shy

Well... You didn't write that in the thread so i did for you... +1 free post yaaay Sleepy

~ Thread closed (again)