Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff Application - Scorch (Approved)
Username: Scorch
Position: (Moderator)
Skills: Programming, specifically C++.
Why do you want to join staff: Forums all require moderation. I want to help this forum start off.
Are you a moderator on any other site (no): I've declined any offers.
Any other details that give you a higher change to be accepted: I listen to any arguments and use my best judgment to decide an approporiate action for that instance.
As all people with rudimentary cognitive skill should.
Which section do you wish to moderate (Moderators only):I would prefer the C++ section.

Best of luck to getting this site started.
Details:

C++ is a forum of the Section Programming.

---
(you created the thread before I updated the main post, so let me tell you that from now on I ask a special question to people who Apply for Staff.)

Extra question:

How would you punish a member that broke the rules the first time, and how would you punish him when he does so again (same rule).

[The answer will decide.]
Quote:How would you punish a member that broke the rules the first time, and how would you punish him when he does so again (same rule).

It would depend on the particular offense. I might give a warning on the first if it is a small infraction. I wouldn't cut slack to repeat offenders however.
Sub and final question (because I didn't quite get the exact answer on the overall offense):

1. The offense is horrible capslocking & flamming.
2. The offense is spamming infected files on the site.
(01-15-201110:28 PM)Ironside Wrote: Sub and final question:

1. The offense is horrible capslocking & flamming.
2. The offense is spamming infected files on the site.

1.First offender and just a sentence or two, warning. Anything else and I will do anything I am allowed in that instance to make sure it never happens again.

2.If they know it's infected no excuse, If i'm allowed to I will ban them.
If their unaware I may go with a less severe action, but a warning would not suffice for me.
Excellent, it's clear now.

1. You are allowed to proceed to a temporary ban in a situation like that
2. In this case you could permanent ban him (if he does it more than 1 time).

[size=large][color=#32CD32]Approved[/color][/size]