Remove Ads

Poll: Did this information help you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I can host thanks to this!
0%
0 0%
No, I still can't host!
0%
0 0%
Yes, but I can already host before reading the thread
0%
0 0%
No, it lacks information.
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to host games in Warcraft III
[color=#00BFFF][size=large]Hello, since many users are having problems with hosting in Warcraft III, I decided to create a tutorial.[/size][/color]

[size=medium][b]1. What we must do[/b][/size]

In order for you to be able to host, you must open a port for the computers to connect to you and therefore being able to join your games.

You can think of this like a door: Let's say you are selling something, and someone wants to buy your object from you. He must enter the garage in order to talk to you (let's pretend the host can't hear you otherwise and that the customer can't break the door), so if the door is closed, the customer cannot talk to you (join you) since the door (port) is closed.
Now after we port forward, it's like we'd open the door with the only key that can unlock the door, and now the customer can talk to you (join you) and so now you can host games on Warcraft III.

[size=medium][b]2. Getting required information[/b][/size]

First of all, let's begin by going to start > all programs > accessories > Command Prompt (cmd) (or simply start > run > cmd).

Now type into the console that appeared [i]ipconfig[/i].

It should look somehow like this:
[attachment=3]

Now notice the fields [i]Default Gateway[/i] and [i]IP Address[/i] . I suggest you to write these two numbers down somewhere or else you can remember them.

[size=medium][b]3. Entering your ISP website[/b][/size]

Now use the [i]Default Gateway[/i] that you got from the last step and open up internet explorer, or another web browser and type http://[i]Default_Gateway[/i] so in my case it's http://[i]192.168.1.254[/i]

So now if it asks you for Username & Password, the default is admin, admin. If that doesn't work, try the following:

Username, Password:

admin, <empty>
root, <empty>
root, root
blank, blank
blank, <empty>

If none of these work, then ask your ISP (your internet provider).
Or your parents... You should've got all information on a paper when you ordered the internet...

[size=medium][b]4. Opening ports[/b][/size]

Once you managed to enter your ISP website, we have to find the place where we can portforward, usually it's something called a[i] Toolbox[/i] or [i]Games & Application sharing[/i], [i]Portforwarding[/i], etc.

In my case it's [i]Toolbox[/i], then [i]Games & Application sharing[/i], and then [i]Create a new Game or Application[/i]. After you find your page it would look somehow like this (note that pages look very different!):

Follow the picture to put the correct values:
[attachment=4]

The picture shows that I've portforwarded all ports from 6112 to 6119, you can also just portforward 6112 alone!

After you are done, apply the changes and if you have to, put the application to be used by you (mine for example, needs to be applied for a certain user that will use this application). So after this save the changes and exit the site.

[size=medium][b]5. Testing[/b][/size]

Now it's time to go test if you can host games! I suggest hosting a game of DotA as you'll find out the fastest if people can join. Wait for a few minutes, if nothing then you might want to read the tutorial and see if you did something wrong.

If you are unable to find the problem, then post a reply here and I will try to help.

[size=medium][b]6. Things to know about hosting[/b][/size]

You need to refresh the game every maximum 30 seconds, you do this by closing and opening slots. Refresh brings your game back to the front page.
It is recommended that you get a Autorefresh tool instead. You might also want to get yourself a banlist, which allows you to ban players, so they cannot join your games.
The best tool for hosting is GHost, it has autorefresh, banlist, autohosting, kick, votekick, ban, warn, mute, and much, much more; basically all you can imagine to host a game.

~ Forum Admin Minethes Cool
Ps. help the site by Registering & sharing to your friends. Thank you.

~ Forum Admin Minethes Cool